Do you have a passion for Data Management Systems? Do you possess the technical expertise and leadership to provide direction and manage the administrators of reporting and analytics data platforms? Do you enjoy mentoring project leaders and technical staff to help them grow and progress in their leadership and technical capacities? Sentry is interested in talking with you if you answered yes!
What You'll Do
As a Data Services Manager, you'll be leading a highly talented team of Platform Administrators who manage and maintain the reporting, data movement, and analytics systems that serve our business partners to address their data needs. The team, as part of Data Platform Services, administers SAS, Informatica, Business Objects, Tableau, and other systems. You and your team will be responsible for installation, upgrades, availability, performance, and support for these critical systems that connect Information Technology and Business users with the data they need to further the mission of Sentry Insurance.
A Data Services Manager holds a role of high accountability to ensure that these systems are meeting the availability and resiliency expectations of the organization. You will also need to remain aware of best practices in platform usage to ensure that the end users are taking full advantage of the features of the data platform.
What it Takes
To be minimally qualified for this position, a candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5 to 8 years of related work experience.
• Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
• Experience with administration or programming in one or more of the following data platforms: SAS, SPSS, Informatica, Business Objects, Tableau, or SharePoint.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
• Some experience with automation and scripting
• An intellectual curiosity to drive towards the right solution versus the quickest fix
• Excellent written and verbal skills with strong presentation skills.
• Prior management, supervisory or team leader experience including project management experience.
The ideal candidate will exhibit a high level of leadership and ability to understand complex information systems, be familiar with DevOps concepts as it applies to platform administration such as Infrastructure as Code and Desired State Configuration, and possess a strong background in data platform administration combined with excellent communication skills and interpersonal savvy.
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar
match on your first eight percent
Comprehensive paid training
Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts