Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
About Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance is a division of Ameriprise Financial, a FORTUNE 500® company. Through exclusive partnerships with organizations such as Costco, we are able to offer their clients our personal insurance products. We offer customers across the nation high-quality, cost-effective auto, home and umbrella insurance products.
At Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance, you will work in a culture that is dedicated to driving results with a strong focus on our handle with care culture. Regardless of department or location, we all share in a commitment to our clients, each other, the communities in which we live and work, company goals, and delivering on our mission statement. We invest in our employees with growth and development opportunities via Ameriprise University, competitive pay, and a generous benefits package. Benefits are effective the first day of employment for full-time employees.
The BI Software Engineer is responsible for the design, build, and deployment of the project's data integration component. This will involve collaboration with other stakeholders to ensure the solution addresses business requirements, aligns with the defined architecture, integrates with other BI solutions, and follows all internal processes prior to implementation. The BI Software Engineer will provide leadership to other data integration developers to ensure solution remains in alignment with requirements and design. This position will also include the development and implementation of strategies related to ETL processes to improve stability, support, and maintenance. Based on requirements, the BI Software Engineer will perform impact assessments and determine the size and scope of various BI initiatives. This position will work closely with Architects, Business Teams, BI Developers, and other key stakeholders to map business requirements to systems and technical requirements for the overall design of a BI solution.
• Review and analyze business requirements and translate these into data integration designs.
• Work with various IT and business teams to perform source and target data analysis.
• Create technical documentation of Source and Target mappings.
• Validate data integration design prior to building ETL mappings.
• Provide technical leadership to ensure development of data integration maps, workflows, and load processes remain in alignment with proven designs through development reviews.
• Ensure adherence to all Ameriprise standards for development, testing, and implementation.
• Troubleshoot, optimize and tune ETL mappings.
• Collaborate with system owners and other stakeholders to resolve source data issues and refine transformation rules.
• Create and execute unit test plans based on requirements.
• Evaluate existing ETL mappings and processes and collaborate with the architecture team to identify opportunities for automation and efficiency gains.
• Manage multiple complex projects and recognize relationships/synergies between them.
• Mentor junior team members and contractors.
• Maintain existing code and fix bugs when needed.
• Occasionally provide off-hour production support.
• 5 years using ETL tools and building data integration processes (Informatica Power Center platform preferred).
• 5 years of hands-on development experience.
• 5 years SQL experience.
• Experience working in a data warehouse environment.
• Strong understanding of relational database management system (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
• Strong understanding of data integration processes and how to tune for performance.
• Proven ability to successfully translate client/business needs into software designs.
• Proven ability to fully validate data integration design prior to building ETL maps.
• Proven experience handling large volume data integration projects across disparate data sources and targets.
• Proven ability to provide technical leadership to other developers.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and thought leadership skills.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to influence effectively.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives within or across project workstreams.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to be an independent thinker, strong attention to detail, and high level of personal accountability.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio and Outlook.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field of study
• Understanding of design and development concepts for Microsoft SSAS data cubes, Power Pivot, Power View, and Power BI.
• Experience developing/designing databases using SQL Server.
• Understanding of Metadata Management and Data Quality principles.
Apply for this job at https://ameriprise.contacthr.com/60551970
View More Ameriprise Jobs
Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
Website : https://www.ameriprise.com
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.